Friday, September 9, 2016

Some podcasts I have been meaning to mention

When I first walked away from the Sunday Club I used to attend, I thought I would find another club.  But every time I thought to visit another one, I felt sick to my stomach (can you say PTSD?).  Then I got this incredibly boring and repetitive job and discovered the wonderful world of podcasts.  Today I want to talk about three, in particular, that helped me walk though this changing time in my life.

The first one I found was the Into the Wild Podcast. http://freebelievers.com/podcast/into-the-wild
Darin Hufford was just as angry and fed up as I was.  Eventually he went through changes and I went through changes.  I don't listen anymore, but I won't say anything against it.  I don't highly recommend it anymore either, but I need to mention it, because it was what I needed for a time.

Because of mentions on Into the Wild, I discovered The God Journey.
http://thegodjourney.com/
Wayne Jacobson and Brad Cummings have talked though a lot of ideas and seasons over the years I have been listening.  They talk honestly about getting to know a God who really loves us, without all the religious expectations.  I hesitate to say too much about who they are, what they have done, and what they are known for.  If you choose to listen a bit, I would like to to not come with too many presuppositions.  But, in case you were wondering one way or the other, they do come from a Christ centered place, but without a lot of the uptight BS, just a lot of freedom and love.

There used to be a God Journey Forum that I participated on for a time.  Because of some of the interactions there, I met a few people that I only know online, on Facebook now, but who I truly treasure.  Everytime, I think I have gotten everything from this conversation that I can, something new starts unfolding for me.  It truly is a part of my ongoing journey.

Another podcast that had a good long season with me, but has somewhat fallen to my way side is Beyond the Box.
http://www.beyondtheboxpodcast.com/
If you are interested in unpacking some complicated theology, especially about ultimate reconciliation and non-violence, then I would recommend that you listen through  some of the older episodes.

If you have been reading this blog or my other one, (http://beloved-heretic.livejournal.com/ ) then you know that my spiritual journey is ongoing and not exactly inside the walls.  This being said, if you know of a podcast that you think might interest me, please do let me know.  I'm still working that boring, repetitive job.

No comments:

Post a Comment